A warm welcome to lingvo.info! Accessing and using the website lingvo.info ("the website", "the service", "the provider") implies that you (the "user") have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions, regardless of whether you are registered as a member on lingvo.info. Therefore, please read the following text thoroughly.
- You can use the whole website without registration. However this website contains games and quizzes, which can require login through social networks.
- You agree that certain data from your user profile provided by social network may be publicly available (such as your username/name, game progress, online status, selected language, registration date and last date of activity and other voluntary disclosures, including your profile picture). Your e-mail address will not be accessible by other users.
2. Data protection
3. Responsibilities of the user
- The website may only be used for purposes permitted by law.
- The blocking of website functions, overwriting, modifying or copying of the content, of the program code and/or data of the website, as well as the automated retrieval of content, unless this is necessary for the proper use of the services of the website are prohibited.
4. Changes to service
The provider is also entitled to change or discontinue the services offered at any time, at its discretion without prior notice.
5. Granting of rights
- The provider of the website gives you, as a user, a personal, worldwide, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use these services in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- As a user, you grant the website a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, temporally, content and spatially unrestricted right to use the content posted by you in all media used by the provider. The owner of this site is specifically authorized to use this content in any media, as well as to publish, copy, reproduce, modify, edit, distribute, and adapt it for this purpose.
- As a user, you guarantee that your content can be used freely by third-parties in the context of 5.2. You certify that you own all the rights and authority necessary for the rights granted herein relating to content submitted by you.
- The rights granted to you by the website, and the above stated warranties and indemnities do not end with the termination of the contractual relationship.
6. Property rights
All text, images and other content published on the website except for the content provided by users are - unless indicated otherwise - the copyright of lingvo.info and may not be used either by users or third-parties, online or offline, without the written consent of the provider.
- The provider tries to keep the website running, error free and secure, but it does not guarantee that the website is safe, secure or error free at any time, nor that it always works without disruptions, delays or deficiencies.
- The provider does not accept liability for slight, negligent breaches of duty, unless this breach leads to damage to life, body or health, and as long as no regulations under the Product Liability Act have been breached. The liability for breaches of obligations, which prevent the proper execution of the contractual relationship and on whose observance the user regularly relies, remain unaffected by this. The same applies to violations by our agents.
- According to the law, the supplier of the website as a service provider is not obliged to monitor the transmitted or stored information or to investigate circumstances that indicate illegal activity. He therefore accepts no responsibility for user-provided information or content, for statements made by users, or for the content of linked external websites.
- Despite careful checking of content, the providers of the site are not liable for the contents of external links. Their creators are solely responsible for the content of linked pages.
- The provider is not responsible for the content and accuracy of advertising. The author is solely responsible for the content of the advertisements. The same applies to the content of the advertised website. Allowing an advertisement to appear on the website does not mean that the provider is agreeing to the legality of its content. The responsibility for this rests solely with the advertisers.
- As a user, you free the website provider from all claims, including claims for damages, which other users or other third parties bring against the provider for breach of their rights by you or due to the content created by you. A user who posts such content on the website assumes all costs incurred by the provider of the site due to a violation of the rights of a third party, including costs for legal defense. All other rights, including damage claims by the provider, remain unaffected.
8. Closing conditions
- These terms and conditions and any disputes related to them are subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. The location of performance and exclusive place of jurisdiction, as far as legally possible, is Berlin.
- The German version of the agreement is the legally binding one.
- The provider is entitled to transfer its rights and obligations under these terms, entirely or in part, to a third party without any notice.
- Contact information for the provider or the administrators of the website can be found on the contact page.
Last updated: September 1, 2014